Please use the drop down bars to the right to explore archive reviews and interviews (largely culled from Record Collector and XLR8R magazines).
a quite clicky xmas compilation 2013
1. Hilmar Orn & Steindor Andersen - Hraesvelgur
2. Bibio - You Won't Remember
3. Boards of Canada - Reach for the Dead
4. Mark Kozelek & Jimmy LaValle - Gustavo
5. John Grant - Why Don't You Love Me Anymore?
6. James Blake - Retrograde
7. Tindersticks - Put Your Love In Me
8. Mogwai - Hungry Face
9. Karl Hyde - Shadow Boy
10. David Bowie - Where Are We Now?
11. Jon Hopkins - Immunity
12. Tindersticks - What Are You Fighting For?
13. Desertshore - Brothers
a quite clicky xmas compilation 2012
1. Simon Scott - SeaLevel_2
2. Sigur Ros - Valtari
3. Richard Skelton - Of The Sea
4. Sons of Noel and Adrian - Black Side of the River
5. Grizzly Bear - Yet Again
6. Susanna - There's Nothing Funny About This
7. Diagrams - Mills
8. James Yorkston - Sometimes The Act of Giving Love
9. Darren Hayman - London Fields
10. British Sea Power - Cleaning Out The Rooms (Wandering Horn Remix)
11. Towards Green - Last Page (Live Take)
12. Tyneham House - Rookery Wood
13. Snow Palms - Snowlight
14. S. Carey - Two Angles
a quite clicky xmas compilation 2011
1. wells moffat - the copper top
2. tim hecker - sketch 8
3. a winged victory for the sullen - we played some open chords
4. nils frahm - familiar
5. king creosote & jon hopkins - aurora boring alias
6. jacaszek - dare-gale
7. mogwai - does this always happen?
8. remember remember - white castle
9. british sea power - cleaning out the rooms
10. king creosote & jon hopkins - bats in the attics
11. james blake - limit to your love
12. the streets - lock the locks
13. matt eliott - dust flesh and bones
14. piano magic - the way of the birds
15. british sea power - baby
16. wells moffat - let's stop here
some versions omit the matt elliott track.
a quite clicky xmas compilation 2010
1. brave timbers - i'll always come back to this place (epic 45 remix)
2. the declining winter - leave
3. happenstance -the one eyed king
4. amiina - over and again
5. the album leaf - summer fog
6. his name is alive - st michael
7. olafur arnalds - Þú ert sólin
8. codes in the clouds - the distance between us (nils frahm remix)
9. drivan -som en laderlapp
10. isan - channel 10
11. luke abbott - holkham drones
12. pantha du prince - stick to my side (lawrence version)
13. james blake - klavierwerke
14. four tet - angel echoes
15. sean carey - in the dirt
16. hurts - wonderful life
17. the declining winter - official world cup theme 2010
some versions omit hurts' wonderful life and add cavil's small moments.
a quite clicky xmas compilation 2009
1. richard skelton - pariah
2. hildur gudnadottir - elevation
3. rice boy sleeps - daniel in the sea
4. fever ray - when i grow up
5. annie - take you home
6. circlesquare - hey you guys
7. gus gus - thin ice
8. whitest boy alive - island
9. lindstrom & christabelle - baby can't stop (aeroplane remix)
10. royksopp - it's what i want
11. alog - every word was once an animal
12. at swim two birds - let her go
13. leyland kirby - on top of some world or another (stripped)
a quite clicky xmas compilation 2008
1. olafur arnalds - himininn er ad hrynja en stjornurnar fara per vel
2. leila - teases me
3. susanna - can't shake loose
4. prosumer and murat tepeli - serenity
5. luomo (featuring apparat) - love you all
6. lee jones - mdmazing
7. sasse - berlin
8. sten - way to the stars
9. ost & kjex - sicksnacks
[some versions delete tracks 6 & 7 and add ben watt - guinea pig here]
10. noze - you have to dance
11. matias aguayo - minimal (dj koze maxi version)
12. portishead - machine gun
13. raz o'hara and the odd orchestra - where he at
14. earl brutus - navyhead
a quite clicky compilation 2007
1. klimek - for mark hollis & giacinto scelsi
2. lawrence -
3. pantha du prince -
4. efdemin -
5. booka shade - numbers
6. fuckpony - ride the pony (sebastian tellier mix)
7. international pony - solid gold
8. matthew dear - don & sherry (hot chip mix)
9. apparat - arcadia
10. lopazz - 2 fast 4 u
11. booka shade - night falls (larry gold's night falls over philly string version
12. supermayer - two of us (extended album version)
13. lcd soundsystem - someone great
14. radiohead - videotape
Below, Kompakt's Michael Mayer talks about his new imprint Immer.
Why have you started a new label for old tracks?
Mayer: Partially for a very selfish reason: I need fresh copies of these records
I'm going to re-release. I played them so often that their condition became
quite unbearable. More importantly, I think that the past 20 years of
techno/house/whatever-you-like-to-call-it left us some treasures that
deserve to be highlighted again. I'm not talking about consense hits
everybody used to play. "Immer" is focussed on those lost tracks that nobody
really noticed at the time when the record came out. I'm talking about
b-side tracks or records that seemed to be totally out of place at the time.
Yet, there's a certain magic within these tracks. They always send a shiver
down my spine when i play them and there are always people asking "What the
hell is this?" It's an annoying thing to answer "It's this and that but it's
practically impossible to find". "Immer" is the German word for "always" or
What are your plans for the label?
Mayer: The concept is to find two old "secret" classics of mine that fit well
together. There will be no remixes, no editing - just a careful
re-mastering. I want these tracks to stand for themselves. The most
difficult part is to track down the people who hold the rights nowadays.
After the first months of investigation I start to feel like Sherlock
Holmes. Many artists seem to have disappeared from this planet. But I will
not stop until I found them... It's a really exciting work to do.
What is the label's aesthetic?
Mayer: The visual side will be very discreet but noble. I don't want my person to
be present too much. I rather see my work as a kind of service for music
lovers. Musically spoken, almost anything can happen. There will be deep and
sweet things alongside real party crackers. They're all timeless
representants of my DJ sets' aesthetics.
What would be the perfect release on Immer?
Mayer: There are so many forgotten treasures... A perfect couple would be this one:
I'm searching for How & Little "Legends" which got released on NuGroove in
1991. They disappeared when NuGroove went out of business. The flipside
could be Portable Productions "My Technique", released in the same year on a
tiny German label called Toxikk Trakks. Maybe somebody can help me out
Tell me about each of the tracks on the first release ...
Mayer: After "Immer Null" which got released on Kompakt as a kind of introduction
and contained rare, sought after tracks from the inner core of Kompakt
artists, the first official "Immer" release will showcase some evergreens
from the deeper side of things.
One side is produced by Benjamin Diamond under the name Solitaire. The track
is called "Inner Cycle Pt 1+2". He originally recorded this epic 12 minutes
long song for a Dior fashion show. It's one of the most seductive disco
songs ever made. The original record was very limited so despite of
Diamond's fame this track remained almost unknown. It's one of those records
I'd play at the end of a long night. It immediately puts everybody under its
spell and back on the dancefloor.
The other side comes from the UK label Pure Plastic which is mainly known
for more banging techno stuff. Connective Zone's "Function" appeared on Pure
Plastic's more experimental offshoot UXB. It's a masterpiece of a melodic
techno track, you don't get bored for a second and it's astonishingly
romantic without loosing the drive.
(Vey small) Portions of the above have previously appeared in Record Collector magazine.
Feedback welcome via the link below.
Thanks to J-B Andre for the creation of this site.